Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

videos won't play

I took a whole bunch of videos with iPhone 12 (MGJ83ZD/A). I was able to play the videos on the iPhone, but when I tried watching the videos via Photos on my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), they will not play and there is a triangle with an exclamation point that says, "Unsupported Video Format - The full-resolution video is unsupported".

What is happening here?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 3:43 AM

See: Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices - Apple Support

Your MacBook Pro would need to run macOS 10.13 High Sierra, at least to be able to play videos in the HVC format. If your Mac is already running macOS 1013 or a more recent system version, the High Efficiency format should be no problem, unless you have been using a very high sample rate for the videos.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2022 3:43 AM in response to MacFisch

See: Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices - Apple Support

Your MacBook Pro would need to run macOS 10.13 High Sierra, at least to be able to play videos in the HVC format. If your Mac is already running macOS 1013 or a more recent system version, the High Efficiency format should be no problem, unless you have been using a very high sample rate for the videos.

videos won't play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.