Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Plus Camera Issue

My daughter has an iPhone 7 Plus - and the back camera suddenly stopped working, the camera screen shows black. The front/selfie camera still works. We have read the forums, googled and youtubed, done all the trouble shooting, but still the camera remains black.

Is this worth the 2 hour trip to the Genius Bar? The phone is out of warranty. BUT this seems to be quite a common issue with the iPhone 7 Plus. My question is -

• Will the Genius' be able to do anything?
  • Can or will they replace the phone as it is a "known issue" ?

Or should I just take to local phone guy who will fix it for $190?

Thanks for your thoughts, advice and comments!

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on May 16, 2019 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2019 8:54 PM

First, see this:

If the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working - Apple Support

If the camera needs repair, I strongly recommend against relying on the "local phone guy", local camera guy, or anyone not authorized by Apple. (I do not, and never have, work(ed) for Apple.)

If the trip to an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Center is too inconvenient, there may be a way to have the iPhone serviced where you ship the iPhone somewhere. Contact Apple Support if you wish to consider that method.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2019 8:54 PM in response to toni2411

First, see this:

If the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working - Apple Support

If the camera needs repair, I strongly recommend against relying on the "local phone guy", local camera guy, or anyone not authorized by Apple. (I do not, and never have, work(ed) for Apple.)

If the trip to an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Center is too inconvenient, there may be a way to have the iPhone serviced where you ship the iPhone somewhere. Contact Apple Support if you wish to consider that method.

iPhone 7 Plus Camera Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.