Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 12 camera doesn’t work

my iphone 12 camera doesnt work on the front and back. it shows a black screen and i am unable to take pictures. My phone is still under warranty so if i take it to apple store will they fix it for free as it was not my fault that it broke?

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 2:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 2:47 AM

Go to the phone Setting>General>Accessibility and turn off the 'Voice-Over' feature. After that, wait for a while and again launch the camera app. The common way to fix iPhone black screen camera issue is to reset the power cycle of the device by pressing the Power (Wake/Sleep) button of the device for a few seconds.

Also try a force restart:

Force restart an iPhone with Face ID

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If the above doesn't work-take it to apple and they will fix it for you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2022 2:47 AM in response to nxil_ao

Go to the phone Setting>General>Accessibility and turn off the 'Voice-Over' feature. After that, wait for a while and again launch the camera app. The common way to fix iPhone black screen camera issue is to reset the power cycle of the device by pressing the Power (Wake/Sleep) button of the device for a few seconds.

Also try a force restart:

Force restart an iPhone with Face ID

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If the above doesn't work-take it to apple and they will fix it for you.

my iphone 12 camera doesn’t work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.