Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your Apple ID was used to sign in to iMessage on a MacBook Pro 13".

I keep getting this email everyday. I have changed my password on my gmail acct and Apple ID and it still happens. Interesting enough the Apple ID that is being used is my gmail acct not my actual gmail acct associated with my apple ID. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Email as follows:

Dear Gary (blank) ,Your Apple ID (blank@gmail.com) was used to sign in to iMessage on a MacBook Pro 13" named “name的Mac”.Date and Time: May 17, 2019, 5:04 AM PDTIf the information above looks familiar, you can ignore this message.If you have not recently signed in to a MacBook Pro 13" with your Apple ID and believe someone may have accessed your account, go to Apple ID (https://appleid.apple.com) and change your password as soon as possible.

the email being used isn't my apple ID email but my actual everyday email.

Can anyone help? Its annoying to receive these

Posted on May 17, 2019 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2019 6:50 AM

Scam/phishing. Apple would email you using the gmail address that is your Apple ID. Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment. You won’t receive a response.

reportphishing@apple.com

Similar questions

3 replies

Your Apple ID was used to sign in to iMessage on a MacBook Pro 13".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.