Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

INVALID_INPUT when adding serial number to registered devices list.

We have registered new company in business.apple.com

When I try to add new iPhone serial number, I get "INVALID_INPUT" result.

Do you know why it may happen?

Telephone is new, not unboxed yet.

Please do not direct me to general telephone support, because they answered that they dont know how they may help.

iPhone XR

Posted on May 17, 2019 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2019 6:41 AM

You can manage it with an MDM, but you can't add it to what was previously DEP, allowing you to supervise it.

Where did you buy the phone to begin with? If you purchased it directly from Apple through your business account, you should be able to add it. If you purchased it through your carrier or another retailer, you may not be able to.

Contact your Apple business rep.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2019 6:41 AM in response to UMCPL

You can manage it with an MDM, but you can't add it to what was previously DEP, allowing you to supervise it.

Where did you buy the phone to begin with? If you purchased it directly from Apple through your business account, you should be able to add it. If you purchased it through your carrier or another retailer, you may not be able to.

Contact your Apple business rep.

INVALID_INPUT when adding serial number to registered devices list.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.