Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text message not working for my mum

I’m not able to send text messages to my mum but I can everyone else. It’s coming up as send to email when I try to send it. I’ve tried doing everything suggested online, still nothing. She has done the same I believe

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on May 17, 2019 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2019 9:52 AM

Hello chloie13,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to send messages to your mum, but you don't have this issue with other contacts on your iPhone. To help with this, please make sure you're following the steps in this Apple resource, and then contact Apple if you need further assistance:

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Contact Apple Support 

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2019 9:52 AM in response to chloie13

Hello chloie13,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to send messages to your mum, but you don't have this issue with other contacts on your iPhone. To help with this, please make sure you're following the steps in this Apple resource, and then contact Apple if you need further assistance:

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Contact Apple Support 

Cheers!

Text message not working for my mum

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.