Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule recovery stuck in Loading Backup...

Hi,

I send my Macbook pro for repair, they replace my motherboard and my harddisk is now empty.

I have done a backup on my time machine before sending in.

I went home and want to recover from my Time Capsule backups.

I have tried to recover with Migration Assistant 3 times and all with the same result, Loading Backup.... (for ever, the longest wait was 6 hours)

Any suggestions what I could do?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 18, 2019 12:38 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 18, 2019 12:51 AM in response to Joel from SG

Sorry but you need to give more detail.

If the hard disk is empty you cannot use migration assistant.. you can only do that if the hard disk has Mac OS loaded.

So I presume the disk is now running Mojave? What were you running before you sent it in to be repaired?

How are you connecting to the TC? Let me strongly recommend ethernet.. even if you have to buy a Thunderbolt dongle to get it.. Wireless can be painfully slow.

How old is the TC? Did you check the backup before you sent the laptop in to repair?

As a different approach that may break you out of the problem.. get a USB drive of equal size to the internal disk or larger.

Boot the computer to recovery partition and use setup assistant instead of migration assistant.. create a full copy of the computer's original disk to the USB drive. Once that is completed you can migrate from it.. generally much better than using backup.

Time Capsule recovery stuck in Loading Backup...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.