Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do not disturb while driving not replying to favourites

Hi , the auto reply for do not disturb while driving is not replying when set to favourites. It will reply when set to recent or all contacts. Anyone that can help with this ?

I have set favourites for the number as call and message.

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on May 18, 2019 3:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2019 3:31 PM

Hello arko_nz,

Thanks for the update. Make sure your iPhone is updated to our latest version 12.3 version. Our updates contain software that is crucial to the performance of your phone.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, Contact Apple for support and service

5 replies

May 18, 2019 4:26 PM in response to arko_nz

Hello arko_nz,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I understand your Do Not Disturb is not send out the auto replies while you are driving. I'm happy to help you with this.

Let's make sure you have your settings set up properly by viewing this document: Do Not Disturb while driving

The section you will need to view is "Send an auto-reply text message that you’re driving".

If your settings are correct, toggle Do Not Disturb off, restart the phone and toggle it back on to see if it helps: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Best Regards.

May 19, 2019 3:26 AM in response to Teddy_B

Thanks for helping me out Jameson. I have read through the webpage and know that I have turned the settings on correctly because my phone will send an auto-reply when I select "All Contacts." If I turn Do Not Disturb while driving off, change the setting to favourites, and then turn Do Not Disturb while driving back on, no message is sent to my friend, who's phone I have next to me to test the settings with.

I have restarted my phone and get the same results. Is there anything else I can try?

Do not disturb while driving not replying to favourites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.