Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to add Apple Music Songs to my Library on my Mac

I can add Apple Music Songs to my iTunes Library using my iPad and iPhone, however I cannot add songs to my library on my Mac.

This has been happening for the past few days, when I right click on an Apple Music song (when I browse music) I can normally add a song to my library, however when I try and do this now.....a large white box appears on the screen and an error message appears in the top right hand corner where the icloud status is normally shown.

I have tried turning Apple Music off and on (in preferences) without success, any help would be post appreciated.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 18, 2019 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2019 1:03 PM

With the help of apple support I managed to fix it.

1 - try to +ADD on your iPhone some song

2 - check if it is added on your Mac

3 - Sign out on your iTunes on your Mac

4 - Quit iTunes

5 - Start again iTunes and Sign in

6 - Try to +ADD

actually I have done the step 3 to 6 twice (once before contact apple support).Good luck.

GP

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2019 1:03 PM in response to pgiorgio61

With the help of apple support I managed to fix it.

1 - try to +ADD on your iPhone some song

2 - check if it is added on your Mac

3 - Sign out on your iTunes on your Mac

4 - Quit iTunes

5 - Start again iTunes and Sign in

6 - Try to +ADD

actually I have done the step 3 to 6 twice (once before contact apple support).Good luck.

GP

May 27, 2019 4:26 AM in response to ShelbyGT500Mustang

Not sure if you have managed to resolve this issue.

I have been having the same problem for around 10 days. I have just spoken with a senior support bod and it turns out it is a known issue that the Apple software gurus are working on. Unfortunately no explanation as to why it happens or how long it will take, but he assures me an update will be issued as soon as possible!

Maybe this info will prevent you going around in circles like I did!!!

Unable to add Apple Music Songs to my Library on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.