Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't download a paid movie on my iPad mini

I just bought an iPad mini for my daughter and i am trying to download the movies, I have paid, and she is allowed to see, but the download button does not do anything and even when i press Play, the pop up menu says : There's a problem loading this content.. what is it? how do we solve it?

Many thanks for the feedback!

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on May 18, 2019 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 7:03 AM

I chatted with support. Looks like you have to go to the iTunes Store app. Click More on bottom right. Click Purchased. Click on the Movie. Play or download from there. TV app seems “fixed” after you do that too.

If a shared account. You need to select Family Purchases, choose family member who actually purchased the item, then download from there (unfortunately unlike other services, can’t stream except from account which purchased it). Need to download then watch once it’s fully downloaded.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2019 7:03 AM in response to florence76

I chatted with support. Looks like you have to go to the iTunes Store app. Click More on bottom right. Click Purchased. Click on the Movie. Play or download from there. TV app seems “fixed” after you do that too.

If a shared account. You need to select Family Purchases, choose family member who actually purchased the item, then download from there (unfortunately unlike other services, can’t stream except from account which purchased it). Need to download then watch once it’s fully downloaded.

May 19, 2019 9:49 AM in response to florence76

Hello florence76

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand that you are having an issue downloading a movie onto an iPad. I'm happy to provide you some information.

Here is a resource that can assist you:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books

If you are still having issues after reviewing the article, please let me know. Also, can you tell me if this is part of a Family Sharing group? How much available space is on the iPad?

Have a great day!

Aug 9, 2019 10:20 PM in response to florence76

I also have a problem with my purchased content from Apple. Florence76, could you please post a link to the answer given for your problem/the related problem instead a link to the person that helped.....turingtest2 has hundreds of posts!

I am unable to stream any purchased content on my iPad Pro, I am unable to view any purchased items in my iTunes library on my Windows 10 computer and on my iPad {only local downloads are visible}. and I get the mentioned error message - problem loading this content - when I try to watch something I have purchased directly from the Apple store on my iPad - on the computer the Play arrow for the iTunes store purchased items just takes me to my Library tab in iTunes {as if to tell me to download the file instead}.

I know how to re-download purchased content. That is not what I want to do. I want to watch purchased items - both TV shows and movies - from the cloud on my devices! I cannot seem to get iTunes to connect to my purchases, either. I want to see my purchases that are in the cloud in my iTunes interface and on my devices. iTunes is updated, and I have signed in and out, checked the View > Purchases/View>Only Downloaded Content options, restarted iTunes and my computer, reset the purchase warnings, checked and changed the date/time on my computer - everything that has been mentioned in dozens of posts about these issues - NOTHING works!

I appreciate any help that can be given beyond what I have already tried.

Aug 23, 2019 8:29 AM in response to auguise

I hope that works for some people, but that does not work for me. When I click the Play icon from the store or from the purchased items list, I am sent to the Library section of the TV app, and it just shows the content that is on the iPad. It does not play anything. I went through those steps anyway, but this did not fix the TV app. Playing anything in the Watch Now section still gives the error message stating that the content cannot be loaded. I do not want to download items. I just want to stream my purchased items on my iPad like I do on my tv.

can't download a paid movie on my iPad mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.