Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot delete photos on computer with iOS 10.3.3

My iPhone 5 had iOS 9.3.5 and it was fine except some programs were having issues. So I sadly (since it changes a bunch of stuff I did not want changed) updated to 10.3.3. Now I can't delete photos in a folder on my computer from the phone. I don't use iCloud or iTunes.

WHY!! Why does everything have to be hard and painful?

iPhone 5, iOS 10

Posted on May 19, 2019 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2019 6:04 PM

If these are photos that you synced to the phone, they can only be managed through iTunes. However, you say you don't use iTunes, so they must be photos that exist in the Camera Roll, correct? If that is the case, they can be managed directly on the phone, and not via the computer.

7 replies

May 20, 2019 10:26 PM in response to TheLittles

Oh, totally. There's not going to be an iOS 10.3.4. I don't like how the news widget displays fewer stories in spotlight, the news font seems larger and bolder so it always cuts off titles, the text message interface got really crowded with stuff I don't care about (like drawing, and the App Store is in there now for some reason) and the flashlight seems harder to get to now. I could go on, but I don't like wasting my breath.

Little update here. It seems related to interfacing with the computer. Behavior:

1. Connect, and "allow" (was trust) connection. I hate always having to do that, but that's Apple for you...
  2. iPhone appears on the computer...
  3. Opening the iPhone folder shows NOTHING...
  4. Opening the iPhone folder twice shows a folder with no name, opening it reveals the folder is empty and is now labeled DCIM.
  5. Opening the iPhone folder a THIRD TIME will just show the pictures/videos in the camera roll. Did I mention this just worked normally in 9.3.5?

This is inconsistent. Sometimes it loads the first time, other times I have to open the folder six times to get my camera roll to appear. I can't recreate the scenario where the pictures appeared in the blank folder and couldn't be deleted. Seems unrelated to my cable.

So now I have a workaround. It is a completely annoying and nonintuitive bitch of a way to leave things, but seemingly this is how it works now.

Cannot delete photos on computer with iOS 10.3.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.