Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete photos from my iPhone from my PC?

I have a ton of pictures I want to delete from my phone, but it really takes too much time to scroll through my camera roll and click them all. (I realize how millennial that sounds but it is how it is..) I also would like to organize my photos on my phone into albums, and doing so via my laptop would be soo much easier. Does anyone know how to accomplish this??

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 24, 2019 8:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2019 9:11 PM

There are many apps like this one that can remove duplicate photos from your library.

Also, the Photos app has the ability to detect objects in photos, which can help you organize photos into albums. For example, to put all of your pictures of dogs into an album, go to the Search tab in the Photos app, tap the search bar, type "dog", and tap on the blue "See All" next to where it says something like "100 photos". Now tap Select on the top right, and drag to the right then down from the photo on the top left to select all the photos, then tap on the photos you don't want to delete. Then use the trash button near the top left to delete the selected photos.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2019 9:11 PM in response to HTiff24

There are many apps like this one that can remove duplicate photos from your library.

Also, the Photos app has the ability to detect objects in photos, which can help you organize photos into albums. For example, to put all of your pictures of dogs into an album, go to the Search tab in the Photos app, tap the search bar, type "dog", and tap on the blue "See All" next to where it says something like "100 photos". Now tap Select on the top right, and drag to the right then down from the photo on the top left to select all the photos, then tap on the photos you don't want to delete. Then use the trash button near the top left to delete the selected photos.

Jun 25, 2019 1:52 AM in response to HTiff24

if you are seeing photos in several albums, the versions in the albums are no duplicates. Photos is storing each photo only once. when you add a photo to an album, the album is just referencing the one copy in your photos library. For example, if you have a photo showing dog playing with your cat, you can add the photo to the album "My Dog" and to the album "My Cat" with creating a duplicate. You hav only true duplicates, if you are seeing the same photo twice in the All Photos album side-by-side or in the Moments side-beside. Albums are just different view of your photos library, grouping your photos according to different criteria for easy access.

The "trash" button is behaving differently, depending on whether you are using it while viewing an album you created yourself or in the main, predefined Photos view.

• If you are selecting a photo in one of the predefined main views, created by Photos for you, you have only the option "Delete" when you tap the Trash. Clicking "Delete" will move the photo to "recently Deleted" and it will vanish from all albums.
  • But when you are viewing an album you created yourself and select a photo and click the trash bin button, you should be seeing two options: "Remove from Album" or "Delete". The "Remove" option will just remove the photo from the album you are viewing and the photo will remain in all other albums. Tapping "delete" will move the photo to "Recently Deleted", just like in the main Photos view.

How do I delete photos from my iPhone from my PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.