Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reinstall HP Officejet 8600 using Mojave software

Due to the inability to AirPrint, I deleted printer as it reflected "paused" status. And, cannot reinstall. Your thoughts?

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 19, 2019 7:33 PM

1 reply

May 20, 2019 8:58 AM in response to toppersmom57

The HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer N911a will work with AirPrint, but that typically incomprehensible HP model designation must match your printer exactly including the N911a part. If it does not, it will not work with AirPrint.

As I recall a firmware update was required, so investigate that also.

You might find the following helpful: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Connected-Mobile-Printing-and-Cloud-Printing/airprint-does-not-find-my-officejet-pro-8600/td-p/1137677. There are a number of potential remedies including your router, its firmware, and the Wi-Fi protocol it's using, so read the entire lengthy discussion and exhaust all those possibilities.

Mojave has effectively ended support for anything other than AirPrint printers, so if you are going to find a solution constrain your efforts to making it functional with AirPrint.

Reinstall HP Officejet 8600 using Mojave software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.