Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Locked

I bought second hand iPhone 5s , model a1530, and the owner log out his iCloud and I sign in my own iCloud i get access to login and when I bought new iPhone 6s and I log out my iCloud on the iPhone 5s and reset all setting and when it on it ask for activation code and I enter my iCloud and password and it doesn’t open , please help me

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 5s, iOS 10

Posted on May 20, 2019 2:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2019 3:06 AM

Does your screen look like this, with the ID hinted at being not yours?

If a used iOS device has been 'Activation locked' then only the previous owner can unlock it, either by providing you with the account ID and password, or by removing it from his list of devices (as he should have done before selling it - evidently he hasn't done this).

If you are unable to contact him to do this then I'm afraid you will not be able to use the device - there is no other way of unlocking it at all. Apple cannot unlock it for you, nor find the previous owner for you, and neither can the websites that offer to unlock it for a fee: these are scams.

You should if possible return it to wherever you bought it and ask for a refund as in this event the device is completely useless.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2019 3:06 AM in response to Odunayoayomide

Does your screen look like this, with the ID hinted at being not yours?

If a used iOS device has been 'Activation locked' then only the previous owner can unlock it, either by providing you with the account ID and password, or by removing it from his list of devices (as he should have done before selling it - evidently he hasn't done this).

If you are unable to contact him to do this then I'm afraid you will not be able to use the device - there is no other way of unlocking it at all. Apple cannot unlock it for you, nor find the previous owner for you, and neither can the websites that offer to unlock it for a fee: these are scams.

You should if possible return it to wherever you bought it and ask for a refund as in this event the device is completely useless.

iCloud Locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.