Activation lock is asking Older iCloud

Hi all. I'm in Ivory Coast 🇨🇮 I bought a second-hand iphone. the iPhone didn't have an iCloud account. So I connected my iCloud. I used the phone wonderfully. wanting to refurbish it I blocked myself in front of the activation lock which asks me for a different Icloud to mine who was connected. help me please. I am Ivorian, what should I do? can't use my phone.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jul 16, 2023 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 1:10 PM

Hello Sangare225,

As ryane77 stated, this appears to be related to Activation Lock. Activation Lock is a security feature designed to prevent anyone else from using your iPhone if it's ever lost or stolen. if you'd like to remove Activation Lock you'll need to follow the steps here: How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Thanks.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2023 1:10 PM in response to Sangare225

Hello Sangare225,

As ryane77 stated, this appears to be related to Activation Lock. Activation Lock is a security feature designed to prevent anyone else from using your iPhone if it's ever lost or stolen. if you'd like to remove Activation Lock you'll need to follow the steps here: How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Thanks.

Jul 18, 2023 8:24 AM in response to Sangare225

Hi Sangare225,

We'd love to help resolve the issue you're having. It appears the device is associated to another Apple ID, and if you're not able to sign out of the associated Apple ID, you would not be able to sign in with another one, or remove the associated Apple ID for someone else's use.

To learn more about Activation Lock, please visit: Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

This resource has more information about How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support.

"If you need help removing Activation Lock and have proof of purchase documentation, you can start an Activation Lock support request."

Cheers!

Activation lock is asking Older iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.