Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bought a used iPhone but it has an activation lock

i buy secondhand iphone xr but i cant use. because icloud activation lock, Can you help me? pls.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 5:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 9:13 AM

Hello ~ Well… in a word no we cannot and Apple cannot as well. You best option is to either return it to place of purchase for a refund or perhaps that person can remove the activation lock for you. If they cannot or will not…recycle the device responsibly. Take a look here for more info:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

~Katana-San~

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 9:13 AM in response to ranjitmaharjan

Hello ~ Well… in a word no we cannot and Apple cannot as well. You best option is to either return it to place of purchase for a refund or perhaps that person can remove the activation lock for you. If they cannot or will not…recycle the device responsibly. Take a look here for more info:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

~Katana-San~

Oct 8, 2021 9:11 AM in response to ranjitmaharjan

As you know, you have run into the Activation Lock. This is a security feature to discourage theft and resale of the iPhone. The only way to remove the Activation Lock is to input the credentials that are requested. Those credentials are the Apple ID and Password of the original owner. Return the iPhone to the seller and get your money back because you are not going to be able to remove the Activation Lock without that information.

Axel F.

Bought a used iPhone but it has an activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.