Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation Lock

I just bought an iPhone 11 Pro for $400 from marketplace. I just tried to set the phone up but it’s asking for a iCloud and password for it and says “Activation Lock” I’m not sure what this means but I tried contacting the guy I bought it from and he seems to have blocked me. Does anyone know how I can get this removed? This is so upsetting to me

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 1:51 PM

Only the seller can unlock this for you. Here is what he should have done:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If the seller refuses, ask for your money back. If that is not possible, then you have learned an important lesson. Perhaps you can report them to Marketplace?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2022 1:51 PM in response to Lovinqkristy

Only the seller can unlock this for you. Here is what he should have done:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If the seller refuses, ask for your money back. If that is not possible, then you have learned an important lesson. Perhaps you can report them to Marketplace?

Activation Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.