Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to rotate the screen on iphoneXR

I am unable to rotate the screen on iphoneXR; have tried all of the suggestions thus far in this post.

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on May 20, 2019 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2019 7:47 AM

We have no idea what suggestions you have tried, because you haven't told us.

Have you checked Rotation Lock? Open Control Center by dragging down from the upper right corner. The rotation lock icon should be a dark color. If it is a light color with a red icon then it is rotation locked.

Are you aware that not all applications support screen rotation? The Home screen on an Xr does not, for example. To actually test open the Photos app and view a photo. The image should rotate if you hold the phone vertically and turn it between portrait and landscape mode.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2019 7:47 AM in response to BarbaraDH

We have no idea what suggestions you have tried, because you haven't told us.

Have you checked Rotation Lock? Open Control Center by dragging down from the upper right corner. The rotation lock icon should be a dark color. If it is a light color with a red icon then it is rotation locked.

Are you aware that not all applications support screen rotation? The Home screen on an Xr does not, for example. To actually test open the Photos app and view a photo. The image should rotate if you hold the phone vertically and turn it between portrait and landscape mode.

I am unable to rotate the screen on iphoneXR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.