Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are my movies in TV-app?

Hello,

My iTunes-library is shared via home share but I only can see home videos in my TV-app.

How to fix this?

Best

Felix

Posted on May 20, 2019 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2019 1:19 PM

Hey FLX90

If you have iTunes set up to home share in the menu, then you might just need to make sure your iPhone is signed in to home share as well. You'll find that setting for TV under Settings > TV > iTunes Videos > Home Sharing - Sign in

More info here: Use Home Sharing to share iTunes content with other devices - Apple Support

If that alone doesn't work, consider going through that article like a checklist and make sure everything is setup correctly.

If still not fixed, restart each of the devices (computer, iPhone, and router if you can)

Best of luck

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2019 1:19 PM in response to FLX90

Hey FLX90

If you have iTunes set up to home share in the menu, then you might just need to make sure your iPhone is signed in to home share as well. You'll find that setting for TV under Settings > TV > iTunes Videos > Home Sharing - Sign in

More info here: Use Home Sharing to share iTunes content with other devices - Apple Support

If that alone doesn't work, consider going through that article like a checklist and make sure everything is setup correctly.

If still not fixed, restart each of the devices (computer, iPhone, and router if you can)

Best of luck

May 28, 2019 8:14 AM in response to FLX90

Well darn. That's usually the solution. Maybe something is wonky with the new app?

I'd recommend to give this article a go (if you haven't, and it sounds like you've already done most of it), Get help with Home Sharing for iTunes libraries - Apple Support

If still not fixed by the time you get to the bottom, then the best I can think would be to do what it suggests and contact Apple Support - make them work for their money. lol

Best of luck dude.

May 27, 2019 10:21 AM in response to reboot it

I did the following:

- Signed out from home share on iTunes.

- Signed out from home share on my iPhone.

- Reboot iTunes-Server, iPhone and Router.

- Followed exactly the linked guide to enable home share.

Problem stays the same: I only can see home videos on my iPhone in TV app.

(With my Apple TV everything is working fine.)

What should I do now?

Where are my movies in TV-app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.