Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi makes my phone freeze or go very slow

Hi there.

My iPhone X keep freezing and go veryyyy slow when connecting or dropping Wifi. It’s almost like it’s looking but can’t connect.

I’ve had the actual handset replaced but the new phone after creation from backup does the same. It didn’t when I got the new device but it restated gradually after a couple weeks.

Anyone who can help please?

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on May 20, 2019 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2019 3:17 PM

Not sure I fully understand the issue, but I'll give it a go.

To clarify, is the phone slowing everything down when it's trying to connect/disconnect? like, does it become less responsive when simply opening apps and typing? Or is it just the connection that is slow?

In either case, I'd try Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

• If the entire phone is slowing down when that happens, I'd have to assume a deeper software issue is going on. Consider Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

If it's still acting up by that point, Restoring the device back to factory settings is the only thing I could reasonably assume would fix it, without knowing more information about the device.

• If it's just the connection that is slowing down, then it's something with the internet connection and not necessarily related to the phone itself. (which would make a lot more sense as to why a replacement would do the same thing)

If I misunderstood and it's actually just not connecting to Wi-Fi, then there is also this article: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2019 3:17 PM in response to perinouk

Not sure I fully understand the issue, but I'll give it a go.

To clarify, is the phone slowing everything down when it's trying to connect/disconnect? like, does it become less responsive when simply opening apps and typing? Or is it just the connection that is slow?

In either case, I'd try Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

• If the entire phone is slowing down when that happens, I'd have to assume a deeper software issue is going on. Consider Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

If it's still acting up by that point, Restoring the device back to factory settings is the only thing I could reasonably assume would fix it, without knowing more information about the device.

• If it's just the connection that is slowing down, then it's something with the internet connection and not necessarily related to the phone itself. (which would make a lot more sense as to why a replacement would do the same thing)

If I misunderstood and it's actually just not connecting to Wi-Fi, then there is also this article: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Wifi makes my phone freeze or go very slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.