Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

freezes when connection to wifi

my iphone x freezes while connecting to wifi . i have to restart my phone everytime or need to turn off wifi then retry . it happens everytime as soon as i reach my home or whenever i try it on different wifis near me it always does the same .its really frustating.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 8:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 10:22 AM

Hey there kittiebo,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand your iPhone becomes unresponsive when joining a Wi-Fi network. It should connect without any issue and we’ll be happy to help with this.

Since the issue returns after restarting, the next step would be to ensure your iPhone is up to date:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If that has no impact on this, reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before. You can read more about this here:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

We hope this helps.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2020 10:22 AM in response to kittiebo

Hey there kittiebo,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand your iPhone becomes unresponsive when joining a Wi-Fi network. It should connect without any issue and we’ll be happy to help with this.

Since the issue returns after restarting, the next step would be to ensure your iPhone is up to date:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If that has no impact on this, reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before. You can read more about this here:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

We hope this helps.

Take care.

freezes when connection to wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.