Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Zero in numbers

every time I enter a zero into a cell it turns into quotation marks ""; the format automatically changes from digit to auto format and cannot be altered; same thing on iOS. Only happens in numbers, not in other apps.

Is this a bug?

What can I do?

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 21, 2019 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2019 5:24 AM

This is not normal. Maybe you have inadvertently added something to your autocorrect list that turns a 0 into quotes. I don't how you would have done the exact same thing in iOS, but iOS also has an autocorrect list.

Take a look at your autocorrect list in Numbers/Preferences/Auto-correction

In iOS Numbers it is in "the three little dots"/Auto-Correction/Text Replacement/Replacement List

The part about it turning the cell from "digit" into "Automatic" is normal. Quotes are text, not numbers, so it changes the format that makes no sense.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2019 5:24 AM in response to marchduck

This is not normal. Maybe you have inadvertently added something to your autocorrect list that turns a 0 into quotes. I don't how you would have done the exact same thing in iOS, but iOS also has an autocorrect list.

Take a look at your autocorrect list in Numbers/Preferences/Auto-correction

In iOS Numbers it is in "the three little dots"/Auto-Correction/Text Replacement/Replacement List

The part about it turning the cell from "digit" into "Automatic" is normal. Quotes are text, not numbers, so it changes the format that makes no sense.

Zero in numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.