Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud link stuck on waiting for photos

Hello! I got sent a bunch of festival photos through an iCloud link but all it says is waiting for photos. It has been like this for a day. I made sure photo sharing was on, reset my phone and signed in and out of my iCloud account and nothing seems to work.

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on May 21, 2019 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2019 8:09 PM

Hello Chettytom,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with iCloud. Your link says waiting, I recommend checking these things first.

1. Verify your iCloud storage has enough space. This article will help, and states: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

"If you run out of iCloud storage, your device won't back up to iCloud, new photos and videos won't upload to iCloud Photo Library, and iCloud Drive, other iCloud apps, and your text messages won't stay up to date across your devices. And you can't send or receive emails with your iCloud email address. If this happens, you can make more space."

2. If you have plenty of space, I recommend trying while connected to a different wireless network. You can also try by turning off Wi-Fi and testing only with your cellular connection.

• To turn Wi-Fi off and use your cellular connection, go to Settings > Wi-Fi, and turn the slider off. Be aware that this will use your cellular data until you turn Wi-Fi back on.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2019 8:09 PM in response to Chettytom

Hello Chettytom,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with iCloud. Your link says waiting, I recommend checking these things first.

1. Verify your iCloud storage has enough space. This article will help, and states: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

"If you run out of iCloud storage, your device won't back up to iCloud, new photos and videos won't upload to iCloud Photo Library, and iCloud Drive, other iCloud apps, and your text messages won't stay up to date across your devices. And you can't send or receive emails with your iCloud email address. If this happens, you can make more space."

2. If you have plenty of space, I recommend trying while connected to a different wireless network. You can also try by turning off Wi-Fi and testing only with your cellular connection.

• To turn Wi-Fi off and use your cellular connection, go to Settings > Wi-Fi, and turn the slider off. Be aware that this will use your cellular data until you turn Wi-Fi back on.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

iCloud link stuck on waiting for photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.