Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ford Sync and Apple Watch 4 not pairing

Does Apple have plans to update its Bluetooth capability to allow the watch to connect to Ford Sync? I don’t always carry my phone and would like to have the capability to use Ford Sync connection instead of having to raise my hand to talk on the phone while conducting business.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on May 21, 2019 9:07 AM

2 replies

May 21, 2019 9:24 AM in response to NoReason3456

I've read where the Watch will pair with some vehicles, but not all. Here is a link I found from a rumors site that provides some explanation about users being able to pair their watches. It may help, but it could be a restriction or issue with the Ford system. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/why-didn%E2%80%99t-you-all-tell-me-about-this-watch-pairing-to-car-bluetooth.2080355/

I cannot find any reference in any of the Bluetooth documents from Apple, or the Apple Watch User Guide that mentions pairing the Watch with a vehicle's Bluetooth.

May 21, 2019 9:30 AM in response to NoReason3456

Pairing is supported to your iPhone and audio devices like AirPods and similar personal audio devices. Pairing to vehicle audio systems is unsupported and outside the design parameters for Apple Watch, which would take a big battery hit from acting as cellular server for your handsfree. It is expected every watch user also owns an iPhone, and it is no trouble to carry the phone in the car, with a bigger battery and better radio performance.

Ford Sync and Apple Watch 4 not pairing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.