Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dr.Cleaner Pro

I bought from app store this app. Dr.Cleaner Pro and my aantivirus Beatdefender tell me that is malware .

What I can do ?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 22, 2019 2:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2019 2:53 PM

Hello BB Idu and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you have some questions about the Mac app called Dr. Cleaner Pro.

This app is made by the company Trend Micro. In September of last year, it was discovered that some Trend Micro apps—including Dr. Cleaner Pro—were collecting small amounts of browser data upon installation which was deemed a non-compliance issue for the Mac App Store Terms of Service. When this was discovered, the offending apps were removed from the App Store. To date, although Trend Micro says the issue is being addressed, the apps are still not available in the Mac App Store. You'll find more info about this situation directly from Trend Micro here:

Answers to Your Questions on Our Apps in the Mac App Store

In terms of a refund, you would need to reach out to the developers of the app, in this case, Trend Micro. You'll find more info on how to contact developers here:

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Cheers

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2019 2:53 PM in response to BB Idu

Hello BB Idu and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you have some questions about the Mac app called Dr. Cleaner Pro.

This app is made by the company Trend Micro. In September of last year, it was discovered that some Trend Micro apps—including Dr. Cleaner Pro—were collecting small amounts of browser data upon installation which was deemed a non-compliance issue for the Mac App Store Terms of Service. When this was discovered, the offending apps were removed from the App Store. To date, although Trend Micro says the issue is being addressed, the apps are still not available in the Mac App Store. You'll find more info about this situation directly from Trend Micro here:

Answers to Your Questions on Our Apps in the Mac App Store

In terms of a refund, you would need to reach out to the developers of the app, in this case, Trend Micro. You'll find more info on how to contact developers here:

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Cheers

May 22, 2019 2:58 PM in response to BB Idu

I'd suggest uninstalling both Dr Cleaner Pro and BItDefender as per the developer's instructions. No Anti-Virus software or so-called “cleaning” apps are needed or recommended for Mac OS. They can conflict with Mac's own built-in security. At best they will slow your Mac by using unnecessary resources and at worst will bork your entire system.

Dr.Cleaner Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.