Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Full Screen with Multiple Monitors Not Working Correctly

I just installed the macOS Mojave 10.14.5 update. Before doing so, I could drag a window to my 2nd monitor and Enter Full Screen and the window would take up that monitor. After installing the 10.14.5 update, when I Enter Full Screen, it shifts everything over and 1 monitor ahs the program window and the other monitor is black. I have to swipe to get my other screen back. Now I can't view any program in Full Screen mode on 1 monitor and have another program on the other monitor. This is a ream problem in Fusion as I can no longer have the VM in my 2nd monitor and Mac OS in my primary monitor. Having to swipe back and forth between the host OS and the VM defeats the point of having a 2nd monitor.

Is there a fix for this?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 22, 2019 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2019 12:30 PM

Check Settings > Mission Control > Displays Have Separate Spaces. This should change it back to the way you were describing.

Similar questions

2 replies

Full Screen with Multiple Monitors Not Working Correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.