Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GETTING KICKED OUT OF APPS CONSTANTLY

I AM HAVING ALL THE EXACT SAME PROBLEMS AS THE BIG POST THAT WAS MADE. I HAVE ALREADY TRIED EVERY SINGLE SOLUTION AND NOTHING WORKS. I TOO DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO GO AND BUY A NEW IPAD. IT IS SO FRUSTRATING THAT MY IIPAD IS IN PERFECT CONDITION AND YET I CANT USE IT HARDLY AT ALL BECAUSE IT CONSTANTLY KICKS ME OUT OF THE APP I AM IN. I FOUND NO SOLUTIONS LISTED FOR THIS PROBLEM TO FIX IT THAT I HAVENT ALREADY TRIED.

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on May 22, 2019 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2019 6:08 PM

I still use an iPad 2 every day a have nary an issue.

What, EXACTLY, have you tried to help fix/minimise your iPad 2 issues/

Tap on the link below to my iDevice/iOS performance/optimisation user tips link.

Slow iPad on iOS 9, 10 or 11! - Apple Community

Try all of these tips and leave each tip active together. Do not simply try every tip individually, expecting just one tip to be a performance “cure all”.

Many of these tips are designed to work together to help improve overall iOS/iDevice performance.

Make sure your iPad 2 has, at a minimum, between 2-3 GBs of internal free data storage space.

Operational problems can occur when free internal data storage space drops down past 1-2 GBs of space left.

You have to realise the iPad 2 is 8-years old, now and is really underpowered to handle a lot tasks at once.

An iPad 2 has a clocked down 1.0 Ghz CPU ( dynamically clocked down to 800 Mhz ) and a measly 512 MBs ( NOT GBs ) of RAM.

512 MBs of RAM is very paltry amount in this day and age with iPads with, at least, 1 GB of RAM and many newer iPads having 2 GBs of RAM or more, now.

You'll find your iPad 2 will run better with Reduced Motion toggled ON in the Settings App under General, Accessibility as well as toggling ON Reduce Transparency in the Settings app under General, Accessibility, Reduce Contrast.

You can't leave lots of apps in the iOS background iOS App Switcher.

You can't have a lot of active Web browser website tabs open, either

With only 512 MBs of RAM, you need to keep active Website tabs to maybe up to only 4-6 active Website tabs.

And depending on the type of apps, you may not be able to have more than maybe up to 6-8 apps, MAXIMUM sitting in the background iOS App Switcher and that is with Background App Refresh toggled OFF for either indivual apps or Background App Refresh toggled OFF globally for the entire iPad.

Best of Luck to You!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2019 6:08 PM in response to victoriafromut

I still use an iPad 2 every day a have nary an issue.

What, EXACTLY, have you tried to help fix/minimise your iPad 2 issues/

Tap on the link below to my iDevice/iOS performance/optimisation user tips link.

Slow iPad on iOS 9, 10 or 11! - Apple Community

Try all of these tips and leave each tip active together. Do not simply try every tip individually, expecting just one tip to be a performance “cure all”.

Many of these tips are designed to work together to help improve overall iOS/iDevice performance.

Make sure your iPad 2 has, at a minimum, between 2-3 GBs of internal free data storage space.

Operational problems can occur when free internal data storage space drops down past 1-2 GBs of space left.

You have to realise the iPad 2 is 8-years old, now and is really underpowered to handle a lot tasks at once.

An iPad 2 has a clocked down 1.0 Ghz CPU ( dynamically clocked down to 800 Mhz ) and a measly 512 MBs ( NOT GBs ) of RAM.

512 MBs of RAM is very paltry amount in this day and age with iPads with, at least, 1 GB of RAM and many newer iPads having 2 GBs of RAM or more, now.

You'll find your iPad 2 will run better with Reduced Motion toggled ON in the Settings App under General, Accessibility as well as toggling ON Reduce Transparency in the Settings app under General, Accessibility, Reduce Contrast.

You can't leave lots of apps in the iOS background iOS App Switcher.

You can't have a lot of active Web browser website tabs open, either

With only 512 MBs of RAM, you need to keep active Website tabs to maybe up to only 4-6 active Website tabs.

And depending on the type of apps, you may not be able to have more than maybe up to 6-8 apps, MAXIMUM sitting in the background iOS App Switcher and that is with Background App Refresh toggled OFF for either indivual apps or Background App Refresh toggled OFF globally for the entire iPad.

Best of Luck to You!

GETTING KICKED OUT OF APPS CONSTANTLY

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.