Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unwanted calls coming to Apple Watch

I am getting SPAM calls to my Apple Watch but which bypass my iphone altogether. I have no way of knowing what the phone number to my watch IS and I cannot block these calls which are becoming more and more frequent. Anyone have any ideas?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on May 22, 2019 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2019 8:49 AM

I contacted my carrier and they had me turn off the wireless on both my iphone and my apple watch, power both off for 10 seconds, then power both back on.

This forced the two devices to synchronize with the carrier network and fixed my problem.

Similar questions

4 replies

May 22, 2019 1:15 PM in response to jeannefromnola

Your Watch has an account number, but that number is not designed to receive calls. The Watch's number for calls is the same as your iPhone. And it should only receive calls in cellular if you are away from the paired iPhone. Do you have cellular activated on this Watch? If so, check with your carrier about this issue, since I've never heard of the account number on a Watch receiving a phone call.

May 22, 2019 1:22 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

It has been happening more and more and today I was on a call on my iphone and my watch started ringing with ANOTHER call that every time I clicked the red "decline" button, it would just start ringing again within about 2 seconds ... Way faster than a person could press redial. I even got a call from someone (an actual person) looking for a person with a name that was spelled like mine but wasn't me. Truly bizarre!

May 22, 2019 1:22 PM in response to jeannefromnola

There have been a few reports like this. As ChrisJ4203 says, the eSIM in your watch has a number assigned to it which should be hidden, and redirected or remapped by your network so it mirrors your iPhone. The hidden number for the eSIM should be blocked to anything except redirected calls from your iPhone’s line. Sometimes networks get it wrong in the setup and the hidden number is not blocked, then the robocall spammers with their random number generator happen to find it.

Bottom line, complain to your cellular network and have them check the eSIM setup on your iPhone calling plan.

Unwanted calls coming to Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.