Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Source of photos for screen saver

On the settings for the screen saver prefs, to select the source of photos, there are two places I don't understand.

If I choose Photos, from where to the photos come? And ditto, if I choose Photo Library?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 23, 2019 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2019 11:44 PM

Which system version are you running on your Mac?

In Photos 4.0 on Mojave I am seeing these options:

The Source section has three categories:

• The most recently used folders or albums, events from your system photo library
  • The default collections provided by the system
  • or you can select a folder with image files or a photo library.

When you click Photo Library you can select the one of the photo applications you are using to manage your photos - either Aperture, iPhoto, or Photos, if you have these applications installed. If you click "Photos" in this dialog, it will show the events and albums in your system photo library.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2019 11:44 PM in response to bobgoldstein

Which system version are you running on your Mac?

In Photos 4.0 on Mojave I am seeing these options:

The Source section has three categories:

• The most recently used folders or albums, events from your system photo library
  • The default collections provided by the system
  • or you can select a folder with image files or a photo library.

When you click Photo Library you can select the one of the photo applications you are using to manage your photos - either Aperture, iPhoto, or Photos, if you have these applications installed. If you click "Photos" in this dialog, it will show the events and albums in your system photo library.

Source of photos for screen saver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.