Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Empty Audio Files in Comps in Logic X

I have a problem recording audio into Logic X. I have a large project I've been working on for a while. It has recently become the case that, if I record new audio in a comp - once I close the session - the audio regions will be blank once I re-open the project (as pictured below) and will not contain any audio. Before I close the project, the audio is where it is supposed to be, has a clearly visible waveform in the regions, and plays back fine.

The audio files themselves still exist and can be found in the project folder. As a workaround - to continue working on the project - I have been creating a new project and using the 'import logic projects' function. This works and the re-loaded project contains all the audio, as it should, in the correct location. Unfortunately this process takes about 2 hours.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to select a region or comp and force it to relocate it's associated audio?

I suspect this may be a bug - I have noticed that this has only occurred since a recent update, when the file names within comps are now labeled 'take 1, take 2, etc', in stead of the actual file name.

Thanks.

iMac Pro, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 23, 2019 6:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2019 7:06 PM

Just an update -> I found a workaround in case anyone else is experiencing this. If I copy/paste the blank comped file, the audio will then return in the copied file only, as seen in this picture below. Still yet to see what happens to the new file on closing reopening.

Not a very elegant solution but at least now I can get back to work. I will have to do this with everything I record in this project from now on which will be a huge PITA.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2019 7:06 PM in response to antcarrier2

Just an update -> I found a workaround in case anyone else is experiencing this. If I copy/paste the blank comped file, the audio will then return in the copied file only, as seen in this picture below. Still yet to see what happens to the new file on closing reopening.

Not a very elegant solution but at least now I can get back to work. I will have to do this with everything I record in this project from now on which will be a huge PITA.

May 24, 2019 8:25 PM in response to antcarrier2

After some more recording last night, saving, and now opening it again today - now every audio region in the entire project has blank audio and no waveform, no audio. It isn't limited to comp files. Again, I can copy/paste as a temporary solution, but from now on I'm going to have to copy/paste every single audio file onto new tracks just to get back to work, every time I open this project.

Empty Audio Files in Comps in Logic X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.