Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud

I have backed up all my photos on the cloud so they are now being shared with Macbook on iCloud photos, however I also uploaded all my photos from my old laptop onto the cloud so they are now on my MacBook and my iPhone. I was wondering if there was a way to delete selected pictures on my iPhone but keep them on the cloud and my MacBook photos? I have turned off iCloud photos on my Mac and all other iCloud settings, my phone is also the same however I couldn't turn off icloud photos because it would delete literally all my photos on my phone instead of specific ones, I tried to download copies but I don't have enough iCloud storage.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you !

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on May 23, 2019 11:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2019 6:30 AM

You are welcome. If the new MacBook has USB C ports and your phone has the Lightening connector, you need an adapter cable to hook the phone to the computer. The one below is from the Apple Store.

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MQGJ2AM/A/usb-c-to-lightning-cable-1-m?fnode=97

Similar questions

5 replies

May 24, 2019 6:00 AM in response to _loren

As long as the phone is syncing with iCloud, if you delete a photo from the phone, it will delete from iCloud. Are you running out of iCloud storage or storage on the phone? Do you have full resolution photos on the phone or optimized photos. If you don't have enough storage on the phone, you might want to turn off iCloud syncing and allow it to delete all photos from the phone if that is what happens. You can then sync desired photos to the phone by attaching the phone to the computer using a USB cord. You can copy the desired photos from the Photos application to your phone.

May 24, 2019 6:19 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi, thankyou for your reply, I have enough 35 GB left of iCloud storage and have backed all the photos I need up, also I have optimised photos not the originals downloaded to save storage, I was going to delete the photos by turning off icloud, however my new MacBook does not have USB port that would support my iPhone charger so I was unsure of how to transfer them. Thankyou for your help !

iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.