Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac Pro (Mojave) won't recognise LED Cinema Display (Using Mini DP -> USB3-C adapter)

I have been using my Apple LED Cinema Display (Last model before thunderbolt display) with My iMac Pro as a 2nd monitor for editing. I Run the LED Cinema Display into a mini display port to USB3-C adapter (ITANDA https://bit.ly/30CNV8B) This worked perfectly with my iMac Pro running Sierra.

However my iMac Pro died, apple sent a replacement iMac Pro running Mojave 10.14.4. Now this computer does not even recognise the LED Cinema Display.

The facts:

• Does Not Work at all with new iMac Pro (Mojave 10.14.4)
  • Does Not Work at all with iMac (Mojave 10.14.1)

• This used to work 100% perfectly on iMac Pro with High Sierra
  • This still works 100% perfectly on My 2012 MacBook Pro Retina (Mojave 10.14.2)

Any suggestions would be much appriciated!

Thanks so much!

-Josh :)

iMac Pro, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 24, 2019 5:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2019 7:33 PM

Wanted to let everyone know i updated the iMac Pro OS to Mojave 10.14.5 and it has completely resolved the issue.

Must have been a bug in how Mojave and the new USB3-C port hardware were handling a conversion of mini display ports.

Thanks!

Similar questions

1 reply

iMac Pro (Mojave) won't recognise LED Cinema Display (Using Mini DP -> USB3-C adapter)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.