Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave upgrade

I have tried several times to upgrade from OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 to Mojave. Each time I get this message:

This copy of the Install macOS Mojave application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS. What do I do? I need to upgrade to run some new apps.

MacBook Air 13", OS X 10.11

Posted on May 24, 2019 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2019 4:51 PM

Go into Finder and open up your Applications folder. The Mojave installer will be listed there and be called "Install macOS Mojave". It's a circle icon with a downward facing arrow.

Drag this to the trash and empty your trash. You may need to restart before it lets you empty.

Then, simply download a fresh copy of the Mojave installer from the App Store and you should be good.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2019 4:51 PM in response to veiloftears

Go into Finder and open up your Applications folder. The Mojave installer will be listed there and be called "Install macOS Mojave". It's a circle icon with a downward facing arrow.

Drag this to the trash and empty your trash. You may need to restart before it lets you empty.

Then, simply download a fresh copy of the Mojave installer from the App Store and you should be good.

Mojave upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.