Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot my MacBook PIN number

I forgot my MacBook PIN number anyway I can get it ??

MacBook, OS X 10.10

Posted on May 25, 2019 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2019 9:53 AM

If you see the first screen that rcosta887 is referring to then your Mac is using a firmware password. You will need to enter the password you established for this. If you forgot this password, then the following article may help:

On the other hand, if you are seeing the second screen, then the Mac is asking you to provide the PIN code that you set using the Lost Mode feature of Find My Mac. You can look up your passcode for a limited time. If you forget your passcode or can't verify your identity to see it, take your Mac to an Apple Authorized Service Provider along with your proof of purchase.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2019 9:53 AM in response to Djwavey

If you see the first screen that rcosta887 is referring to then your Mac is using a firmware password. You will need to enter the password you established for this. If you forgot this password, then the following article may help:

On the other hand, if you are seeing the second screen, then the Mac is asking you to provide the PIN code that you set using the Lost Mode feature of Find My Mac. You can look up your passcode for a limited time. If you forget your passcode or can't verify your identity to see it, take your Mac to an Apple Authorized Service Provider along with your proof of purchase.

Forgot my MacBook PIN number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.