Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I stop itunes from combining two albums of the same symphony by different orchestras into the same album listing

I have to versions of Beethoven's 9th symphony on two different albums: one by the Academy of Ancient Music and the other by the Wiener Philharmonic. I've copied the Wiener Philharmonic version into iTunes (v.12.9.5.5) without problem. When I attempt to copy the other album, iTunes combines it with the Wiener Philharmonic version into a single album. Is there a way to stop iTunes from doing this as the versions are on different albums issued by different companies?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 25, 2019 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2019 8:04 AM

Give each version a unique album title. E.g. Beethoven's 9th [AAM] & Beethoven's 9th [WP]. See Grouping tracks into albums for more.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

how do I stop itunes from combining two albums of the same symphony by different orchestras into the same album listing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.