Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I pre-ordered an Album. iTunes won't download 2 album version of songs with the album (more)

I pre-ordered an Album.

iTunes won't download the album versions of 2 songs with an album I pre-ordered once it was released.

The singles versions came out a few months earlier when I bought them, which put them into separate "Album" folders. Don't recall if it was a Complete My Album scenario but still...

I even deleted the music, and it doesn't acknowledge the missing songs for the album purchase. It prompted me to re-download the singles versions but not the entire Album I pre-ordered. The two songs are greyed out for the same options like the other songs of the Album screen on the iTunes site on my iTunes client (desktop PC).

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe one would want to listen to the whole album? Chalking these off as paid in separate singles form keeps us from doing that.

Artist: Caravan Palace

Album: Chronologique

Songs (note on the album the latter would be 02; again these are each in their own album category in their own folders):

01 Miracle

01 About You (feat. Charles X)

Posted on Sep 10, 2019 2:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2019 3:09 AM

The singles versions came out a few months earlier when I bought them, which put them into separate "Album" folders. Don't recall if it was a Complete My Album scenario but still...

You can edit a song's properties on a computer's iTunes via 'get-info' so that they match the rest of the album.

I even deleted the music, and it doesn't acknowledge the missing songs for the album purchase. It prompted me to re-download the singles versions but not the entire Album I pre-ordered.

To re-download an album (if you've paid for the album ; you weren't charged when you pre-ordered it, iTunes only charges for items on their release) : Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support

The two songs are greyed out for the same options like the other songs of the Album screen on the iTunes site on my iTunes client (desktop PC).

Don't know what that's supposed to mean.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2019 3:09 AM in response to Holocluck

You can edit a song's properties on a computer's iTunes via 'get-info' so that they match the rest of the album.

I even deleted the music, and it doesn't acknowledge the missing songs for the album purchase. It prompted me to re-download the singles versions but not the entire Album I pre-ordered.

To re-download an album (if you've paid for the album ; you weren't charged when you pre-ordered it, iTunes only charges for items on their release) : Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support

The two songs are greyed out for the same options like the other songs of the Album screen on the iTunes site on my iTunes client (desktop PC).

Don't know what that's supposed to mean.

Sep 12, 2019 7:55 AM in response to Holocluck

Holocluck wrote:

re @King_Penguin

Apologies - The LP is spelled "Chronologic"

[You can edit a song's properties on a computer's iTunes via 'get-info' so that they match the rest of the album]

But will the system recognize and categorize them with the album? Seems it needs some underlying serial number or file ID to be associated with that.

Yes, as long as you make their details match e.g. album name - I've sometimes combined tracks into a single album just by editing their details via 'get-info' in iTunes (command-I on a Mac, control-I on a PC).

Re the part you don't understand. See below our 2 first selections?

To re-download them (assuming you haven't hidden them : Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support) see the link in my first reply.

Sep 12, 2019 5:04 AM in response to Holocluck

re @King_Penguin

Apologies - The LP is spelled "Chronologic"

[You can edit a song's properties on a computer's iTunes via 'get-info' so that they match the rest of the album]

But will the system recognize and categorize them with the album? Seems it needs some underlying serial number or file ID to be associated with that.

Re the part you don't understand. See below our 2 first selections?

I pre-ordered an Album. iTunes won't download 2 album version of songs with the album (more)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.