Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ical calendars in icloud - how to edit?

I was not using iCloud. Love iCal and wanted to share 1 of 7 existing calendars. Enabled iCloud. There was no option to select just 1 calendar. All the calendars are now on iCloud :( Researched the topic on the internet. I cannot find the answer. I want 6 of the calendars back "on my Mac". Tried to disable iCloud and all the calendars disappeared. How can I get the 6 calendars back "on my Mac" and out of the cloud? I do not want to delete them. There is no location option available for choosing "on my Mac" or iCloud.

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 25, 2019 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2019 3:33 PM

Export individually, each one of your iCloud Calendars using the steps listed in: Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

Go to Calendar>Preferences...Accounts>iCloud>Account>uncheck "Enable this account."

The "On My Mac" Calendars Home/Work should appear. They will not contain any events, and can be removed after completing all the subsequent imports.

Import individually, each one of your previously exported iCloud calendars to an appropriately named "On My Mac" calendar.

You can then re-enable the iCloud Account to verify duplication of calendars.

After verification the iCloud Calendars can be deleted and you can remove the iCloud account.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2019 3:33 PM in response to czopekt

Export individually, each one of your iCloud Calendars using the steps listed in: Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

Go to Calendar>Preferences...Accounts>iCloud>Account>uncheck "Enable this account."

The "On My Mac" Calendars Home/Work should appear. They will not contain any events, and can be removed after completing all the subsequent imports.

Import individually, each one of your previously exported iCloud calendars to an appropriately named "On My Mac" calendar.

You can then re-enable the iCloud Account to verify duplication of calendars.

After verification the iCloud Calendars can be deleted and you can remove the iCloud account.

ical calendars in icloud - how to edit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.