Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete segment from multiple audio tracks

Hey all,

I am using Garageband 10. I am editing multiple audio files. I am trying to delete segments from the entire project at once. For example, I am trying to delete 15 seconds of conversation from the middle of the project. Is there a way I can highlight the section, delete it from all tracks, and have the tracks collapse (join) together. I knew how to do this on the previous version of GarageBand but can't figure out how to do so on the current version of GarageBand.

Thanks.

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.12

Posted on May 25, 2019 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2019 1:06 PM

JosephSheehan wrote:

I am trying to delete segments from the entire project at once. Is there a way I can highlight the section, delete it from all tracks, and have the tracks collapse (join) together.

yes.

in the timeline, drag the playhead to the beginning of the segment you wish to delete, drag-select all the regions across all the tracks from which you intend to delete, and press ⌘-t.

drag the playhead to the end of the segment and again press ⌘-t

finally drag select all the regions across all the tracks you intend to delete and use the Delete and Move menuItem from the Edit Menu

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2019 1:06 PM in response to JosephSheehan

JosephSheehan wrote:

I am trying to delete segments from the entire project at once. Is there a way I can highlight the section, delete it from all tracks, and have the tracks collapse (join) together.

yes.

in the timeline, drag the playhead to the beginning of the segment you wish to delete, drag-select all the regions across all the tracks from which you intend to delete, and press ⌘-t.

drag the playhead to the end of the segment and again press ⌘-t

finally drag select all the regions across all the tracks you intend to delete and use the Delete and Move menuItem from the Edit Menu

delete segment from multiple audio tracks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.