Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Breaking apart a compound audio clip?

Curious. I made a compound clip of all my audio. When I Expand Audio Components I get the various 'tracks'. But no access to the specific clips. How can I go from here to opening the track itself ... so I can adjust the mix on the various clips? Or did I make my compound clip the wrong way? I seem to remember that in the past I'd Expand Audio Components and get everything, all the clips, as in a pre-compound mode ... where everything is adjustable.

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 2:35 PM

You're getting the mix down of the clips with the same role from inside the compound. To access the individual clips you have to open the compound clip by double clicking it. I'm not sure embedding all your audio into a compound is useful. Working with roles and collapsing them using the Roles Index is probably more helpful in reducing clutter in the timeline, while giving you quick access to the content when you need it.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2021 2:35 PM in response to Ben Low

You're getting the mix down of the clips with the same role from inside the compound. To access the individual clips you have to open the compound clip by double clicking it. I'm not sure embedding all your audio into a compound is useful. Working with roles and collapsing them using the Roles Index is probably more helpful in reducing clutter in the timeline, while giving you quick access to the content when you need it.

Nov 23, 2021 3:46 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thank you Tom. You're right. It works. Double clicking at the right time. Story of my life.

The only reason I made a compound clip was because this is a short piece and it was riding hot and wanted to just lower the volume level across the board quickly. I suppose I could have highlighted all the audio clips and then keystroked them down a few db. In fact, I'm going to try that right now. I'm wary of using compound clips unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks again for your help ... very much appreciated ...

Ben

Breaking apart a compound audio clip?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.