Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't "ADD" music to my library.

I want to "ADD" music to my library but I have this come up. I have quit and updated the Mac and the app but it still won't let me do it. Any suggestions??

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 25, 2019 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2019 2:51 PM

There seems to be a current issue for Apple Music users in both Mac & Windows where there should be new terms and conditions presented for you to agree to, but the dialog doesn't fully load. If you have an IOS device you could try adding some music to your iCloud Music Library on that, where the dialog may show properly, after which Apple Music should work everywhere. Others have had success after rebooting their Mac into safe mode, but it didn't work for me. A workaround if no iOS device or using Windows, or safe mode didn't help is click the elipsis icon (three dots) and Add to Playlist. Once added to a playlist you should be able to download or stream the items in your library.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2019 2:51 PM in response to angel_delight_99

There seems to be a current issue for Apple Music users in both Mac & Windows where there should be new terms and conditions presented for you to agree to, but the dialog doesn't fully load. If you have an IOS device you could try adding some music to your iCloud Music Library on that, where the dialog may show properly, after which Apple Music should work everywhere. Others have had success after rebooting their Mac into safe mode, but it didn't work for me. A workaround if no iOS device or using Windows, or safe mode didn't help is click the elipsis icon (three dots) and Add to Playlist. Once added to a playlist you should be able to download or stream the items in your library.

tt2

Can't "ADD" music to my library.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.