Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Failed Software Update - Refusing invalid certificate from host: swscan.apple.com

I have a Mac mini 2018 running 10.14.5 (Mojave). I have issues with "software update" and App Store logging in. On my MacBook Air no problems.

In the log of /var/log/install.log I see there is an error :

"Failed Software Update - Refusing invalid certificate from host: swscan.apple.com"

If I do a lookup of swscan.apple.com on my MacBook Air and Mac mini. They resolved to the same ip address. So, no network issue. So there is something wrong on my Mac mini with the apple certificate.

What I already tried:

• check disk through disk utility
  • sign out/sign in icloud
  • removed in folder ~/Library/Preferences/ the App Store config files
  • removed in folder ‘/Library/Security/Trust Settings' the files
  • dis-trust and restrust the "Digicert High Assurance EV root CA” in keychain access
  • removed the files under /var/db/crls/*

Any idea what I can do more to solve this issue ?

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 27, 2019 12:38 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

May 27, 2019 1:26 AM in response to kubrick2001

There are two more things you can try:

This will update your macOS by re-applying all updates from the original Mojave release at once, and may fix your App Store into again working properly so you can download and update whatever other apps.

Failed Software Update - Refusing invalid certificate from host: swscan.apple.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.