Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Voicemail

My iPhone's voicemail can receive Voicemail messages but I cannot access them.

It asks me for my voicemail access code but doesn't recognise any it might be. I have tried to reset voicemail password but it always says "Voicemail unavailable. Unable to connect. Try again later." 

I have reset network settings, turned the iPhone off and on, fiddled with Airplane Mode on and off, and everything else I have read on the Internet!

I called my carrier and they said that voicemail is turned on, and indeed it is as people can leave messages.

Is the voicemail access code something I can change from my phone or is that something I need to set with the carrier? And if so, then what is voicemail password?

Thanks!

iPhone 7

Posted on May 27, 2019 2:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2019 2:33 AM

If you forget your voicemail password on your iPhone

If you can't listen to voicemail on your iPhone because you forgot your voicemail password, only your wireless carrier can help.

Apple doesn't have access to your voicemail password and can't reset it for you.

Contact your wireless carrier

Only your wireless carrier can access and manage the voicemail account for your phone number. On your carrier's customer-service page, look for steps about how to reset your password online or over the phone.

For help finding your wireless carrier's service page, use the Apple carrier-support article or an online search engine.

If you forget your voicemail password on your iPhone - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-ng/HT201618

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2019 2:33 AM in response to Simon Jary1

If you forget your voicemail password on your iPhone

If you can't listen to voicemail on your iPhone because you forgot your voicemail password, only your wireless carrier can help.

Apple doesn't have access to your voicemail password and can't reset it for you.

Contact your wireless carrier

Only your wireless carrier can access and manage the voicemail account for your phone number. On your carrier's customer-service page, look for steps about how to reset your password online or over the phone.

For help finding your wireless carrier's service page, use the Apple carrier-support article or an online search engine.

If you forget your voicemail password on your iPhone - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-ng/HT201618

iPhone Voicemail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.