Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i try to login to my FaceTime and messages on my mac their is nowhere to put my verifaction code

anyone else have this problem

MacBook Air 13", OS X 10.10

Posted on May 27, 2019 2:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2019 4:35 AM

Your MacOS may be a little before Two-Factor Authentication but no to worry, it can still do it!

So to sign in with the verification code on your Mac, you need to enter your password followed immediately by the 6 digit verification code without any spaces. So, it would be Password123456.

The other option is to update your MacOS to be able to get the boxes to enter the verification code.

Two Factor Article: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204915

Excerpt from the article:

What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2019 4:35 AM in response to Cobie36

Your MacOS may be a little before Two-Factor Authentication but no to worry, it can still do it!

So to sign in with the verification code on your Mac, you need to enter your password followed immediately by the 6 digit verification code without any spaces. So, it would be Password123456.

The other option is to update your MacOS to be able to get the boxes to enter the verification code.

Two Factor Article: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204915

Excerpt from the article:

What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

when i try to login to my FaceTime and messages on my mac their is nowhere to put my verifaction code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.