Logging into messages/facetime on MacBook Air

How come I can't log into message and facetime on my MacBook Air? I've have this Mac since 2017 or 2018 and I was able to log in before, but I'm not sure what happened. Everytime I try to log in, it says there was an error. My username and passowrds are correct becasue I can log in on other devices, just not on my mac.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on May 10, 2023 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2023 1:31 PM

Hi!

I see you are having trouble with your MacBook Air, you cannot log in to your accounts. If you are signed in to your apple id on your Mac, try Use Messages in iCloud on Mac - Apple Support and follow the steps to turn off iMessage. After you have turned it off, follow the steps to turn it back on again. If this doesn't work, let me know and I will continue trying to help you with your issue. Hope this helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2023 1:31 PM in response to j_xiong1

Hi!

I see you are having trouble with your MacBook Air, you cannot log in to your accounts. If you are signed in to your apple id on your Mac, try Use Messages in iCloud on Mac - Apple Support and follow the steps to turn off iMessage. After you have turned it off, follow the steps to turn it back on again. If this doesn't work, let me know and I will continue trying to help you with your issue. Hope this helps!

Logging into messages/facetime on MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.