Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add a hyperlink to an image in Pages?

Hi all, I've been struggling to add a hyperlink to an image in Pages, it doesn't seem to be possible. I've contacted Apple Support, they couldn't help me out. I've tried some work arounds found online, but nothing seems to do the trick. Does anyone have a solution? Would be great to hear from you!

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 27, 2019 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2019 9:41 AM

You can add a hyperlink to an image in Pages, it just isn't supported by Apple, or documented. The following is Pages 8 on Mojave 10.14.5.

1. Add an image and a text box to your document. Select both, and in the Arrange tab, set Text Wrap to None.
    1. Select the Text box and drag it above your image
    2. Scale the text box so that it covers roughly 90 % of your image.
    3. Fill the text box with '#' or '*" with a font size large enough that the individual characters cover the most area in rows.
    4. Select all of the content in the Text box, and right-click on it and add link
      1. Once you have typed in your link, just click outside of the image to set the link.
      2. Then click once in the Text Box, select all, and from the Style tab, reduce your Opacity to 0%
  2. Select the Text box and the image, then from the Arrange tab, choose Group.
  3. You now have an image that after it is exported to PDF will honor the link when the image is clicked.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2019 9:41 AM in response to Koedam

You can add a hyperlink to an image in Pages, it just isn't supported by Apple, or documented. The following is Pages 8 on Mojave 10.14.5.

1. Add an image and a text box to your document. Select both, and in the Arrange tab, set Text Wrap to None.
    1. Select the Text box and drag it above your image
    2. Scale the text box so that it covers roughly 90 % of your image.
    3. Fill the text box with '#' or '*" with a font size large enough that the individual characters cover the most area in rows.
    4. Select all of the content in the Text box, and right-click on it and add link
      1. Once you have typed in your link, just click outside of the image to set the link.
      2. Then click once in the Text Box, select all, and from the Style tab, reduce your Opacity to 0%
  2. Select the Text box and the image, then from the Arrange tab, choose Group.
  3. You now have an image that after it is exported to PDF will honor the link when the image is clicked.

How to add a hyperlink to an image in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.