Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a possibility to add links to certain pages in a pdf on preview?

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 4:36 AM

15 replies

Apr 6, 2020 6:36 AM in response to Lexiepex

Well, doesn't work here. FWIW, here, if you add a text annotation with a link, save the PDF, You can open it in Preview, triple click the annotation, you can right/control click on it and select "Open URL" from the drop down menu…

Of course even that only works in Preview. Not in other PDF readers so if you send it to someone without Preview, or open it in a different PDF reader it doesn't work.

Apr 6, 2020 6:55 AM in response to dialabrain

It used to be that one could programmatically add a link via AppleScript/Objective-C, or Python/Objective-C — but Apple has so deprecated the link annotation capabilities of the Quartz PDFKit framework that now, I can still add a link, but there is no visual clue that a link is there until I roll over it, or close my eyes, and accept a horrid, blue box around the linked text. D'oh.

Apr 6, 2020 8:33 AM in response to dialabrain

Yes, I believe you, but here on a very simplistic macbookpro (with touchbar) it works as I said, and did a number of times today.

Maybe because I am not at home, but blocked in another country? But I am not hampered by a virus luckily. Just blocked at the near border (not my country), next week I will try the tour through another country.

I will not upgrade to Catalina, because I use Lightroom 6.14.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.