Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playing music from iPad through car stereo using USB

i really don’t know, can I play music/audio from my iPad through car stereo using lightning USB cable

I saw someone doing it but with iPhone and it appears on the car display “iPod Mode”

so I was wondering can it work with iPad or it has to be iPhone, cause you know iPad is not that convenient to play music in cars

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on May 27, 2019 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2019 11:48 AM

If your car permits connecting a device such as iPone or iPad via USB it should work equally well via either device. You'd have to see if your car permits such a connection. If your car has Bluetooth, it may also let you stream music via Bluetooth. It's not really a factor of whether you're using an iPhone or an iPad. It's all determined by what your car audio system permits in terms of interfaces.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2019 11:48 AM in response to Cat-Man39

If your car permits connecting a device such as iPone or iPad via USB it should work equally well via either device. You'd have to see if your car permits such a connection. If your car has Bluetooth, it may also let you stream music via Bluetooth. It's not really a factor of whether you're using an iPhone or an iPad. It's all determined by what your car audio system permits in terms of interfaces.

Playing music from iPad through car stereo using USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.