Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos, and clearing iPhone - how?

I am looking to upgrade from my iPhone 6 to a later iPhone. Obviously, I want to clear all personal data from my 6. As I understand it, if I delete photos, they will also delete from my iPad, desktop and One Drive. How do I empty my 6 without losing photos and related data.

Thank you

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on May 27, 2019 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2019 1:37 PM

Sign out of iCloud Photos on your iPhone, before you start deleting the photos from your iPhone.

If iCloud Photos and My Photo Stream are no longer enabled on the iPhone, you can delete photos from the device, without changing the iCloud Photos Library.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2019 1:37 PM in response to Footrot

Sign out of iCloud Photos on your iPhone, before you start deleting the photos from your iPhone.

If iCloud Photos and My Photo Stream are no longer enabled on the iPhone, you can delete photos from the device, without changing the iCloud Photos Library.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Photos, and clearing iPhone - how?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.