How do i remove old data (photos, contacts, etc.) from an iphone

I am using a second hand iPhone and I want all the old data to be removed like all the old pictures and stuff. How do I remove it from my phone easily, and without deleting it all forever

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 5, 2023 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2023 6:57 AM

There are a couple of ways to do that. Either you:

1) Transfer all files, photos etc. to a computer, Transfer files between your iPhone and your computer – Apple Support

2) Reset your iPhone to factory settings, How to factory reset your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

3) Manually AirDrop or delete the files on the iPhone

Please keep in mind, that if you opt for resetting your iPhone to factory settings, all settings, data and other personal things get deleted and cannot be retrieved.

I hope this helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2023 6:57 AM in response to Darth_Shrekus

There are a couple of ways to do that. Either you:

1) Transfer all files, photos etc. to a computer, Transfer files between your iPhone and your computer – Apple Support

2) Reset your iPhone to factory settings, How to factory reset your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

3) Manually AirDrop or delete the files on the iPhone

Please keep in mind, that if you opt for resetting your iPhone to factory settings, all settings, data and other personal things get deleted and cannot be retrieved.

I hope this helps!

How do i remove old data (photos, contacts, etc.) from an iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.