Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I play shuffled playlist on Apple Watch?

I’m trying to use the “music” app on my Apple Watch.    

When I click on it, it uses the first song in the selected playlist.    I *never* want to use the first song, I always prefer my songs shuffled.   I pushed the button that is 3 dashes and get a list of songs with the option to continue playing or not.

I can push ”<“ on the top left, and get playlists.   I see duplicate names of playlists which I can’t explain.

I can push “<“ again and select Playlists, artists, albums, or songs.   If I select “songs” or “albums”, I can Shuffle All.    But I don’t want all songs, I just want a playlist.

I can push “<“ and get the options of “On iPhone”, “Now Playing”, “Library”.   “Library” and “On iPhone” appear to offer the same choices, which is good.

How do I play a playlist, shuffled?

Why are there duplicate playlists?

Further information which probably isn’t important, just in case:  I use AirPods, have Apple Music with iCloud Music On.   iTunes has 6,554 songs on it.    iTunes says my iPhone has 1039 songs on it, and my iPad has 132 songs on it, which doesn’t make any sense at all to me (But that’s what I see when I look in settings/General on my iPad)   I want my library to be on my iDevices even when they aren’t connected to the Internet)

Posted on May 27, 2019 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2019 7:45 PM

Play music on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Shuffle or repeat music

• Shuffle albums, songs, or artists from the Music screen: Tap Library, tap Albums or Songs, then tap Shuffle All. To shuffle an artist, tap an artist, then tap Shuffle All.
  • Shuffle or repeat music from the playback screen: While viewing the playback screen, tap , then tap Shuffle or Repeat.
  • Tap Repeat twice to repeat a song.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2019 7:45 PM in response to Howard Brazee

Play music on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Shuffle or repeat music

• Shuffle albums, songs, or artists from the Music screen: Tap Library, tap Albums or Songs, then tap Shuffle All. To shuffle an artist, tap an artist, then tap Shuffle All.
  • Shuffle or repeat music from the playback screen: While viewing the playback screen, tap , then tap Shuffle or Repeat.
  • Tap Repeat twice to repeat a song.

May 27, 2019 8:14 PM in response to askbarnabas

I found the "Shuffle or repeat music" "Shuffle All". It is playlists that stopped me.

I see two symbols with arrows, one crossed. I infer that's the Shuffle Button, when I pushed it earlier I didn't see that it changed anything, but this time it's working. I have a hard time sometimes understanding graphic symbols instead of words.

Thanks.

Do you know why I see multiple copies of playlists?

How do I play shuffled playlist on Apple Watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.